Saturday, August 15, 2009.
December 12th 1992 was one of the happiest moments of my life.
I made a new friend, in the form of a cat.
Most people know how difficult it was for me when growing up as I had almost nobody to talk to. Then Bush came into my life. I named her after my grandmother's old cat. Nothing to do with any American President.
She had a place in my heart instantly. I remembered bringing her home 2 weeks after her birth from my godma's house, along with her sister, Clinton. Took her up a lift with my hands. She was no bigger than my palm. Her high pitched kitten mews attracted the attention of passer-bys cos they were under the impression that we took some stray cat home.
Bush was a different cat. My first day of school the following year was memorable cos when i came home, she came running to the door to welcome me. Ever since that day, she does that every single time I come home. It felt good cos someone at home was looking forward to me coming back.
Everytime when I was feeling down, she would somehow know and would come over to my bed and comfort me. Many tears were shed on her fur, but she didnt seem to mind at all. She stayed by my side till I am asleep.
I used to sing many songs to her. I would somehow change the songs alittle to add her name in it. And she'll always repaly by meowing back. Maybe its cos I sang pretty badly. :)
About 4 years back, she got into a fight with her sister, Clinton. Her Right eye became blind. Although she was in obvious pain, she never seem to fail to come to me and comfort me. She's such a beautiful girl right?
Recently, She started losing weight very fast. About two weeks ago, We sent her to the vet, did some blood tests and realised she had toncilitis and kidney failure. We tried to make things better by giving her dialysis. She did get better.. but only for a short time.
On wednesday, she became bed-ridden. She didn't move or meow. My mom had to feed her with chicken soup via a syringe. She couldn't control her bowels too. I didn;t know about all this until thrusday. I couldn;t sleep on wednesday and thursday night as I kept getting dreams that bush ran away and didn't come back.
When my mom told me the news, I was devastated. I cried in camp. I rushed back home once I booked out. To see her lying there, in obvious pain, hurt me so much. And even though she had little energy, she moved her head to look at me, and meowed at me several times.
It was then that I made the decision to put her down. I cannot bear to see my best friend suffering like that. She slept with me last night, after having her last meal with us.
When i woke up this morning, She was already awake, looking into me eyes. I brought her out as my mom wanted to clean her up before bringing her to the vet. She had her first fit then. It was scary and painful. Her meow was one that was filled with pain. SHe managed to stop having it after we tried to comfort her.
The trip to the vet was a very long one. I was tearing outside the vet. The vet came to pick her up, And did the injection in front of me. She was having a fit again. But as the vet injected her..she stopped.. so did her breathing. I cried uncontrolably.
Broguth her back home for my mom to see her one last time bewe buried her. It was painful. It was even more painful when I placed her in her grave. She now lies in peace.
In Loving Memory of
Bush
A Beautiful Cat
The Perfect Friend
My Best Friend
May You Rest In Peace
12th December 1992 ~ 15th August 2009