Friday, November 07, 2008.
Today i realised how much of an architecture freak i am. I've often ranted on how much of a hassle it was in the past, but somehwo or rather, i miss being able to look at the plans.. visualise the 2d into 3d.. its weird.
Iw as browsing the web and i saw a number of nicebildings.. mainly from my favourtie 2 architects.. the late Sir James Stirling (guy who designed Temasek Poly and first phrase of the Esplanade) and Moshie Safdie (guy who designed Ardmore park condo and the Marina IR). Its just amazing.
Its ne of the reasons why I wanted to be an architect so badly. To have your idea.. put on paper.. and see it being built.. and walking into the building you designed. I still can't wait for that day. Although i have a strange feeling that my designs wouldn't be as exactly as i wanted it to be (cos in singapore, people are too money minded..so.. they wanna maximise space..) I love roof gardens and waterfalls.. and one of my favourite (and taxing) habit..is to ensure that each floor is different from the other. Structural engineers would kill me, landscape architects would love to see my head on a silver platter.. but well.. i just love it.
Sometimes i think the world is alittle too paper-minded.. i've friends who can't enter a university. .but their designs.. are just wonderful. Why can't people acpet that Architecture is art and that sometimes, the best of the best just can't seem to excel in grades? hmm.
I wanna get a job.. save up..get mydegree..and become an archictect. I still remembered words by my then attachment boss.. who taught me alot.. Mr Heng from Ape.x Group Architects.
"Just be yourself when you're designing a building. Each design should show alittle bit of yourself, when all are pieced up together, it'll sing your own symphony.'
Damn nice words. Ridzuan the Architect? Maybe. Most likely. :)